Last updated 18 April 2023
Gulp Digital Ltd (“Gulp”, “we”, “us”, “our”) of 13b, The Vale, London, W3 7SH is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Gulp is the data controller for personal data we collect, registered as such with the Information Commissioner’s Office, registration number ZA787235.
The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to explain what personal data we collect about you when you visit our website or make enquires about the products services we will soon be offering. Any personal data that we hold about you will be stored and held securely by us. We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of the personal data we process about you and will comply with the applicable data protection legislation, including the UK General Data Protection Regulation (“UK GDPR”), the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“EU GDPR”) (whichever is applicable) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018”).
We update this privacy notice from time to time in response to changes in applicable laws and regulations, to our processing practices and to the products and services we offer. When changes are made, we will update the date at the top of this document. Please review this privacy notice periodically to check for updates.
What information do we process?
Information you provide to us
We process all information you give us, either through forms on our website www.gulpdigital.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by telephone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to a service, search for a product or service, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions linked to our site, respond to surveys or we conduct research or when you report a problem with our site.
Information processed following an enquiry
We may process the following information:
- Email address
- Telephone Number
We use your name, address, email address and telephone number to contact you about your enquiry.
Information processed for research purposes
We may process the following information when we conduct research or you respond to one of our surveys:
- Contact information, such as name, email address, phone number, or mailing address.
- Survey responses, interviews, or other research-related data provided voluntarily by you.
- Other information relevant to the research study being conducted.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Purposes and bases for processing your personal data
We may use your data for the following purposes and on the following lawful bases:
|Purpose||Lawful Bases for Processing|
|Responding to correspondence from you||It is in our legitimate interest to respond to enquiries made via our website, by email, through our social channels or any other means|
|Sending you information such as Gulp news and information which may be of interest||When you agree to be contacted for marketing, we will rely on your consent, which may be withdrawn at any time by emailing [email protected]|
|Business management, forecasting and statistical purposes||It is our legitimate interest to identify areas for managing current business relationships, develop new products and services, and for managing our business|
|Improving our website and the overall website visitor and user experience||It is our legitimate interest to allow analytics and search engine providers to help improve and optimise our website|
|Research purposes including but not limited to:|
– Analysing and interpreting research data
– Generating research reports or publications
– Communicating with you about the – research study
|It is our legitimate interest to identify areas for managing current business relationships, develop new products and services, and for managing our business|
Sharing your information
We may share your personal data with our carefully selected third parties, for example, we may use a supplier to provide services which support the services which we provide to you. In this case, we remain responsible for your personal data and will ensure we have a written agreement in place with any third party provider. We may also partner with other organisations that process your data. In such circumstances, each party will remain individually responsible for processing your personal data.
When we collect your personal data, it may be processed outside the UK. We have taken appropriate steps to ensure that the personal data processed outside the UK has an essentially equivalent level of protection as it has within the UK. We do this by ensuring that:
- Your personal data is only processed in a country or organisation which the UK Government
- has confirmed has an adequate level of protection (an adequacy regulation) or
- We enter into an International Data Transfer Agreement (“IDTA”) with the receiving organisation and adopt supplementary measures, where necessary. (A copy of the IDTA can be found here international-data-transfer-agreement.pdf (ico.org.uk)).
You have certain rights in relation to the processing of your personal data, including to:
- Request access to personal data about you (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you, and to check that we are lawfully processing it
- Request rectification, correction, or updating to any of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected
- Request personal data provided by you to be transferred in machine-readable format (“data portability”)
- Request erasure of personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below)
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you (e.g. if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it)
- Object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances. This right may apply where the processing of your personal data is based on the legitimate interests of Gulp
Some of these rights are not absolute and are subject to various conditions under applicable data protection and privacy legislation and the laws and regulations to which we are subject.
If at any time you decide that you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, or if you would like to exercise any of your rights as set out above, you can contact us at [email protected]. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
In addition to the above, please note that you have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you are concerned about the way in which we are handling your personal data.
Data retention period
We will retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to provide you with our products and ongoing services and for a reasonable period thereafter, to enable us to meet our contractual and legal obligations and to deal with complaints and claims.
At the end of the retention period, your personal data will be securely deleted in accordance with the Gulp Personal Data Retention and Destruction Policy and Schedule.
You can contact Gulp in relation to data protection and this privacy notice by emailing [email protected]